[SOLVED] Photon connected to the Internet but can't see under devices both on web and Android app

Hi,

I was not able to connect my photon via Android App so I decided to connect via CLI. I was able to do that using particle serial wifi. At the end it says “Done! Your device should now restart”.

After that I can see it breathing cyan. But It is not visible under devices both under the web and my Android app. What should I be doing now ? Shouldn’t it show on the Android and the web apps ?

Is it showing up when you do particle list?

No. It says “No devices found”

Have you claimed the device? If not, put your device into listening mode, do particle serial identify to find out the device’s ID, and then do particle cloud claim DEVICE_ID.

Hi @nrobinson2000. As far as I know I have not connected the device to the cloud.

I tried particle serial identify, and got
Your device id is 34###########################
Your system firmware version is 0.4.9

Then I did : particle cloud claim 34#################### and got
Claiming device 34########################
Failed to claim device, server said: Device is not connected

I not am connected to the internet and it rapidly blink cyan (Connecting to the cloud).

Now I am doing : particle serial identify
and getting this error : ! serial: Serial timed out

It seems like it’s trying to connect to the cloud but not connecting[It has been rapidly blinking cyan for for than 10 minutes now].

Try moving your Photon closer to your router, and do particle cloud claim ID when it is breathing cyan.

Is it showing any colors other than cyan, orange in particular?

I just tried with Putty and it worked perfectly for me :slight_smile: Thank you so much @nrobinson2000 and @Moors7

1 Like

Glad I could help.