Photon blinking green

Well, how can I tell it what the SSID and Password for my mobile hotspot is?

It depends on what did you configure it to be for your phone?

having same problem and it is caused by wifi ssid.

• connected to ssid one
  • everything ok
  • moved home with ssid home, particle blinking green
  • just turned tethering on mobile with ssid one - everyting OK

also particle is reluctant to turning dfu mode on on both ssids

Hi,
I am trying to resolve this issue on a linux box (no CLI). Photon worked fine when I connected to WiFi at the lab using the web interface. I am now trying to program the board locally via USB at home, but running into the blinking green LED problem. In which file should I input the wifi credentials when I change locations, so that I don’t keep running into this issue?
I tried using the WiFi.listen()/setCredentials() and other commands in my application, but it does not seem to do anything.
I would like to know if you were able to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Rakesh

I’ve also been marred with this issue on two new Photons that I just started working with (they were part of the first batch sold, did FW update). I’ve been using Spark Core before and although it had some similar issues as well, at least for now the Photons I have seem much more unreliable…

edit: updated my old Core to the newest firmware, and now it exhibits the same erratic behavior. I can connect it once to my WLAN, see it on the cloud etc. but after a while it always goes to either breathing green or blinking green… very frustrating.

Only one question did somebody found a solution for that?
I have the same situation. After switching between different wlans the photon will only blink green.

I would like to reuse it but at the moment I didn’t find any solution to bring it back to normal work.

Did somebody has an idea?

Thanks
Ralf

Have you tried all of the above?

My first step would be to clear the stored credentials (while blinking green, press & hold SETUP for 10+ sec till rapid blue flashing) and then reenter the credentials of your currently available network.

I have four stored networks and moving from one to any other and back is no issue for me, it just takes a while if the desired network is last in my list.

1 Like

I tried the following steps.
Pressed the Button for about 10+ sec. Blue flashing fast.
particle serial wifi
Entered the credentials.

Directly after entering the wpa2 it flashes green. The mentioned reboot will not be performed.
After an time the photon then switch back to slow blinking blue.

Did you have an idea?
I also performed the steps above. But this does changed the behavior.

1 Like

So you don't even get the prompt for either the WLAN cipher or the password?
That's odd.
You have got CLI v1.14.2, right?

Could you try the oldfashioned way via a serial terminal and entering w?

Also you never had used WiFi.selectAntenna() to choose the external antenna and not got it connected now? (just checking ;-))

When I enter “particle serial wifi” I get the following lines:

particle serial wifi
? Should I scan for nearby Wi-Fi networks? Yes
? Select the Wi-Fi network with which you wish to connect your device: WIFI1
? Should I try to auto-detect the wireless security type? Yes
Detected WPA2(PSK/AES/AES) security
? Wi-Fi Password xxxxxx
Done! Your device should now restart.

But when I enter the password then it directly flashes green. (No restart as mentioned)

I didn’t have a serial terminal only usb connection. How could I managed the “old-fashioned way” ?

No I didn’t used this command.

With CLI, it tend to not use the auto-scan feature, since I know my networks :wink:

The ol’ serial way works via USB too.

• put your device into Listening Mode (the same as with CLI)
  • open the respective COM port for your Photon with serial monitor like PuTTY
  • enter ‘w’
  • now you will be prompted for SSID, Security Scheme, WLAN cipher if the network is not currently available/visible and Pass Phrase

After that you should see your device fall out of Listening Mode and I usually press RESET after that (ol’d habbits die hard :sunglasses:)

About selectAntenna(), I had a case where a “funny” character flashed some code to his mates device that switched to the external antenna (and also a static IP), and that poor victim had a hell of a job tracking that down.

I will try that.

1 Like

It is working again. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Did the problem just go away or what helped in the end?

Your “old-fashioned way” worked just fined. After this it worked as aspected.

1 Like

hello sir ,
have you found solution for this problem. actually yesterday i flashed my photon with this code

void setup(){}
void loop(){
WiFiAccessPoint aps[20];
int found = WiFi.scan(aps, 20);
for (int i=0; i<found; i++) {
    WiFiAccessPoint& ap = aps[i];
    Serial.print("SSID: ");
    Serial.println(ap.ssid);
    Serial.print("Security: ");
    Serial.println(ap.security);
    Serial.print("Channel: ");
    Serial.println(ap.channel);
    Serial.print("RSSI: ");
    Serial.println(ap.rssi);
}
}

untill then, i can’t flash my photon anymore. please reply me
thank you

Have you tried entering safe mode?

https://docs.particle.io/guide/getting-started/modes/photon/#safe-mode

(I deleted your identical post in another thread–double posting is not allowed.)

Thank you sir,
the problem has been resolved .

1 Like

@tmitchell… I am also having the same problem here…
What should I do?