Photon auto switch to semi-automatic mode

I’m working on a project that has photon as a tcp client connect to a local server (python socket). I configured my photon in automatic mode. Client(photon)-server(python) connect for a while (sometime 7hours, sometime 30minutes) and then disconnect. Server return Error 10053, but still running and waiting for new connection. Photon’s led is breathing green. I reset the photon, the connection establishes and then aborts after a while with Error 10053. I have check the photon, it still connect to the server, and server still run, but no data is transfered between them. I have check my window firewall, it allows connections through python.exe. The system uses personal hotspot. I think the hotspot abort the connection. Do you have any idea on this? Please help.

Are you calling client.stop() when you are done with it? If you don’t then you might be exhausting the free sockets on the WiFi module.

I setup my photon to stay connect and transfer data for 24/7. The time when it list connection with the server, it will stop and trying to reconnect again. I call client.stop() when client.connected() return false. I think it’s not a good idea to close the socket after each packet transfer and reopen it again for the next packet.

I setup my photon to stay connect and transfer data for 24/7. The time when it list connection with the server, it will stop and trying to reconnect again. I call client.stop() when client.connected() return false. I think it’s not a good idea to close the socket after each packet transfer and reopen it again for the next packet.