Particle Firmware Updates: Comments

Thank you!

Will five it a shot. I hoped that the servo issues (detaching) was scheduled to be fixed on this one :confused: but doesn’t show in change log … Ohh well :blush:

Thank You!
I hope the i2C issues have been resolved in 0.4.9 :smile:

So, I am just wondering; since 2016-01-25 is nearly over now, has the release been pushed back a day or so? I’m jumping up and down like a kid at Christmas here, with the new features and bugfixes that are in 0.4.9. Can’t wait!

Hehe, nice! 0.4.9 is a release the firmware team are particularly proud of - lots of new features, enhancements and fixes. The release has been pushed to github - will announce here when it’s available with our online build tools… :smile:

ETA on i2c fix on 0.4.7?
ATOMIC_BLOCK() not compiling

The :cloud: build farm has been updated to 0.4.9 :clap:

Question to the firmware team of Particle.
Whether stability of the Electron is already accomplished for use in end devices?
I know that every day firmware constantly improving. Thanks to Particle team and Contributors.
All honors guys :slight_smile:
But I want to know who is the progress of Electron firmware in terms of stability of the connection?
I’m working on hardware that should have almost 24x7 stability so I want to know if there are a perfect stability of the connection.

Hello,
Can I get a link to the bin files for firmware 0.5.0 for electron?
@mdma, @BDub

@developer_bt, look at the bottom of the linked page:

:smile:

Here no bin files for 0.5.0 files is for 0.5.0-rc.2. :smile:

I was again a problem with detection of firmware version in Web IDE.
Again I returned to 0.4.8 then update to 0.5.0 rc2 with DFU, and now is detected as 0.5.0 in WEB IDE.
Why can not update via OTA to a newer version?

0.5.0-rc.2 is the same as 0.5.0, they are identical.

0.5.0 is out! :smile:

This is truely awesome, softAP pages on the photon at last :smiley:

Where can I find more information about this: Added support in HAL for a SMS received callback handler. Is there any example or documentation?Are there examples or documentation:

Will USB HID be part of the next photon firmware 0.6?

Likely!
The respective “issue” was milestoned for 0.6.0 and is already merged/closed, so I’d think so.

Is deferred/queued updated planned for 0.6.0 also ?

I guess not since it’d be mostly a backend effort rather than in firmware.
But in order to keep track of the back log, have frequent looks at the issues/milestones on GitHub.

@BDub, is it worth a disclaimer in the low level GPIO functions to indicate that pinMode() settings are up to the user and not handled by the fast GPIO commands?

If there is no mention of that already there most definitely should be :slight_smile: