Particle Device OS Updates: Comments

OK, so I got the latest DEVELOP to compile. First impressions:

• Using manual system mode, it wouldn’t connect to WiFi with “WiFi.connect.” Power on -> white breath -> blue -> blue fadeout -> LED off (I’d called for LED control). My project code really wasn’t working.

• Reverted to normal system mode. Had to give it WiFi credentials to get it to connect (weird). Blinking-connecting pattern a LOT different. TCPServer/TCPClient appear to function, at least as well as they used to. System stability is an issue: after running for about 5 minutes (constantly scanning FLASH via the FlashEE library), the LED started unevenly blinking cyan. After about 15 seconds, the Core resets. Repeatably. Yes, I know, I’m running my full project, not a test debug build.

EDIT: still doesn’t have the ADC fix to remove slow-interleaved mode.

EDIT: Applied CC3000 patch and deep-update to the Core I’m currently using. I have a couple Cores, and don’t recall which one(s) I applied the updates to. That’ll get you every time.
It still has an added “blue flash” when starting. The upside is that sometimes it connects to WiFi in two seconds! Power up -> (1sec) white breath -> blinking green(1.5sec) -> blue(1sec) -> off (I do have control of the LED) -> a few seconds later after WiFi connection is attained, my code regains control of the LED and turns it back on. (Code is running during this period.)
This is with code that in the month-old LATEST and Particle Dev IDE, would sequence Power up -> (1sec) white breath -> code blinking green 'till connected, then solid green.

EDIT: Another problem: WiFi.connecting() returns FALSE even when it is connecting (I.E. WiFi.connect() has been called in MANUAL mode). This code worked properly with the month-old LATEST and Particle Dev IDE.

@mdma: I’m not sure I really want to spend all day trying to definitively pin down these firmware bugs…is there some official assurance that my efforts won’t go to waste? Today I found that there were multiple posts over a year ago (particularly this one: Why dual slow interleaved?) regarding the dual slow-interleaved ADC code causing low reading errors–and that issue still hasn’t been fixed, even in the DEVELOP branch. Sorry if I sound like a rant, but IMO this is a little too long to fix such an easy issue.