Device OS 1.3.0-rc.1 Release Candidate is available in Github for (Core/Photon/P1/Electron/Argon/Boron/Xenon/Argon-SoM/Boron-SoM/Xenon-SoM) and will be out on the Web IDE June 25th
released on June 14th, 2019
This 1.3.0-rc.1 Release Candidate will be defaulted to 1.3.0 during the week of July 5th, 2019 unless there are regressions found that require further patches. Testing on your applications is encouraged and appreciated, thank you!
Note: This is a Release Candidate (RC) and is not intended for production yet. We’ve tested this RC to the best of our ability and we want to know what you think now! Please understand that some care and attention is necessary when testing this RC, and be sure to upgrade to the final release when it’s available. This RC will not be available by default. To use you must select the version dropdown from the devices drawer. Downgrading back to the current release info is at the bottom of this post.
Note: OTA or YModem transfer on Electron (sequence required)
- First Update to 0.5.5 (if the current version is less than that)
- Then update to 0.6.4 (if the current version is less than that)
- Then update to 0.7.0 (if the current version is less than that)
- Then update to 1.3.0-rc.1
Note: DFU over USB on Electron/Photon/P1 (sequence not required)
- You may update to 1.3.0-rc.1 directly first, flash the system firmware (attached above) in order 1,2(,3) to the device using
particle flash --usb <system-part.bin>. See the next note about the bootloader if you are offline!
Note: P1/Photon Bootloader
The Cloud will automatically update the bootloader on P1/Photon devices if your device is online. If your device does not connect to the cloud and it is offline, you should flash the bootloader to the device using
particle flash --serial <bootloader.bin>. This should be done after upgrading system firmware. The Electron bootloader is applied automatically from it’s own system parts.
Note: Argon/Boron/Xenon/Argon-SoM/Boron-SoM/Xenon-SoM Bootloader
If your device is offline, the bootloader must be manually updated using
particle flash --serial <bootloader.bin>. This can be done before or after upgrading system firmware.
Note: Downgrading [Electron/Photon/P1] OTA or YModem transfer:
If you need to downgrade, you must downgrade to 0.7.0 and then 0.6.3(Photon/P1), 0.6.4(Electron) to ensure that the bootloader downgrades automatically. When downgrading to older versions, downgrade to 0.7.0 first, then 0.6.3(Photon/P1), 0.6.4(Electron), then to an older version such as 0.5.5.
Note: If your Gen 3 device does not have a Cloud connection, it is recommended to update system firmware, and then the bootloader via CLI with
particle flash --serial bootloader.bin(bootloaders found in Github release)
This release contains v311 bootloaders.
- [gen 3] BLE (beta) support #1740 [Docs]
- [gen 3] NFC (beta) support #1606 [Docs]
- Read more about new BLE and NFC announcement here!
- Check out our getting started with BLE and NFC blog post here!
- Check out our Argon and BLE temperature sensor blog post here!
- Add two-digit mnc diagnostic flag #1807
- BLE fixes from 1.3.0-alpha.1 #1817
- NFC Context parameter is missing and NFC.update() will remove callback, fixes from 1.3.0-alpha.1 #1818
- [lte] cellular fixes #1824
- fixes #1811 - increases the number of event handlers to 6 #1822
- [gen 3] fixes memory usage diagnostics (reported negative values in safe mode) #1819
- System.disableUpdates() operates asynchronously #1801
- [gen 3] [bsom] Building platform BSOM results flash overflow. #1802
- [gen 3] [hal] fixes early wakeup by RTC from STOP sleep mode #1803
- [docs] Updates
spark_publish_vitalsand build scripts documentation. #1800
- [docs] update the test documentation #1683
System Binaries (all devices)
Programming and Debugging
You can view specific programming and debugging notes for this version of firmware here.
QA Report Summary for Particle Device OS
You can view results of tests run this release here.