Firmware 0.8.0-rc.4 Pre-release is out on the Web IDE for Core/Photon/P1/Electron
released on production servers May 4th, 2018
Please read all notes in the Notes Festival below
Note: This is a pre-release and is not intended for production yet. We’ve tested this pre-release to the best of our ability and we want to know what you think now! Please understand that some care and attention is necessary when testing this pre-release, and be sure to upgrade to the final release when it’s available. It will not be available by default. To use you must select the version dropdown from the devices drawer. Downgrading back to the current release info is at the bottom of this post.
Note: OTA or YModem transfer on Electron (sequence required)
- First Update to 0.5.5 (if the current version is less than that)
- Then update to 0.6.4 (if the current version is less than that)
- Then update to 0.7.0 (if the current version is less than that)
- Then update to 0.8.0-rc.4
Note: DFU over USB on Electron/Photon/P1 (sequence not required)
- You may update to 0.8.0-rc.4 directly first, flash the system firmware (attached above) in order 1,2(,3) to the device using
particle flash --usb <system-part.bin>. See the next note about the bootloader if you are offline!
Note: P1/Photon Bootloader
The Cloud will automatically update the bootloader on P1/Photon devices if your device is online. If your device does not connect to the cloud and it is offline, you should flash the bootloader to the device using
particle flash --serial <bootloader.bin>. This should be done after upgrading system firmware. The Electron bootloader is applied automatically from it’s own system parts.
Note: Downgrading [Electron/Photon/P1] OTA or YModem transfer:
If you need to downgrade, you must downgrade to 0.7.0 and then 0.6.3(Photon/P1), 0.6.4(Electron) to ensure that the bootloader downgrades automatically. When downgrading to older versions, downgrade to 0.7.0 first, then 0.6.3(Photon/P1), 0.6.4(Electron), then to an older version such as 0.5.5.
- [Electron/Photon/P1] Increase Device OS API argument lengths. More data in Functions, Variables, Publish, Subscribe… oh my! #1537
Particle.keepAlive()API was broken since v0.6.2-rc.2 firmware on Electron where the System would override an early set User ping interval. This required a workaround of updating the keepAlive after the System made a connection to the Cloud. See issue #1482 for workaround. #1536
- [Electron] Fixes missing URCs for received data during TX or RX socket operations. This caused the modem not to be able to receive further data properly until it re-connected to the Cloud which it would do automatically but usually after a short or longer period of time. #1530
System Binaries (all devices)
Programming and Debugging
You can view specific programming and debugging notes for this version of firmware here.