Firmware 0.8.0-rc.1 Pre-release is out on the Web IDE for Core/Photon/P1/Electron
Please read all notes in the Notes Festival below
Note: This is a pre-release and is not intended for production yet. We’ve tested this pre-release to the best of our ability and we want to know what you think now! Please understand that some care and attention is necessary when testing this pre-release, and be sure to upgrade to the final release when it’s available. It will not be available by default. To use you must select the version dropdown from the devices drawer. Downgrading back to the current release info is at the bottom of this post.
particle flash --usb or Web IDE (OTA)
No special steps are necessary to upgrade to this release.
particle flash --serial or
particle flash <device-id>
When you use YModem or OTA updates to update the device by hand, it’s necessary to follow an upgrade sequence so that the upgrade is successful. If the sequence is not followed, the upgrade will not happen and the version of system firmware will remain unchanged.
- first, update to 0.5.3 (if the current version is less than that)
- then update to 0.6.4 if the current version is less than that)
- then update to this release, 0.8.0-rc.1.
- first, update to 0.7.0-rc.6 first
- then update to this release, 0.8.0-rc.1
Note about Downgrading [Electron/Photon/P1] OTA or YModem transfer: You should downgrade to 0.6.4 to ensure that the bootloader downgrades automatically. When downgrading to other versions, you will have to manually downgrade the bootloader as well (see release notes in previous 0.7.0-rc.3 release)
- Low-latency interrupt handlers [#1394] (https://github.com/spark/firmware/pull/1394)
- [Electron] Reworked power management #1412
- Battery State diagnostics #1398
- Battery charge diagnostics #1395
- RAM usage diagnostic sources data #1411
- Network Signal Quality/Strength rework and diagnostics #1423
- System uptime diagnoatics #1393
- Diagnostics for unacked messages and rate limited events #1391
- Network and Cloud diagnostics #1424
- Diagnostics service #1390
- [Photon/P1] Wi-FI firmware compression #1421
- [Photon/P1] Moves Wi-Fi tester into application module #1378
System Binaries (all devices)
Available on the GitHub release page