Firmware 0.7.0-rc.6 Pre-release is out on the Web IDE for Core/Photon/P1/Electron
released on production servers December 12th, 2017
Please read all notes in the Notes Festival below
Note: This is a pre-release and is not intended for production yet. We’ve tested this pre-release to the best of our ability and we want to know what you think now! Please understand that some care and attention is necessary when testing this pre-release, and be sure to upgrade to the final release when it’s available. It will not be available by default. To use you must select the version dropdown from the devices drawer. Downgrading back to the current release info is at the bottom of this post.
OTA or YModem transfer on Electron
- update to 0.5.3 (if the current version is less than that)
- then update to 0.6.4 if the current version is less than that)
- then update to 0.7.0-rc.6.
Note that the upgrade sequences are only needed when updating with Over-the-Air updates or using YModem or
particle flash --serial.
If you use DFU over USB (
particle flash --usb), you can update to 0.7.0-rc.6 directly.
Note about Downgrading [Electron/Photon/P1] OTA or YModem transfer: You should downgrade to 0.6.4 to ensure that the bootloader downgrades automatically. When downgrading to other versions, you will have to manually downgrade the bootloader as well (see release notes in previous 0.7.0-rc.3 release)
- [Electron] Add dependency in
system-part-1on 0.6.4 system-part-3 to prevent upgrades from 0.6.3 or earlier to avoid incompatibilities with these releases.
- The device ID is output in lowercase in DFU mode. #1432
- increase the DTLS buffer from 768 to 800 bytes, so that the system describe message is sent.
- remove rigid dependency check in bootloader that was causing DCT functions to not load in 0.8.0-rc.1 #1436
System Binaries (all devices)
Programming and Debugging
You can view specific programming and debugging notes for this version of firmware here.