No code "sent" work on spark core

I set my environment following the tutorial described in github (https://github.com/spark/firmware). However to upload the code, whatever, no reaction is seen on the device.I have followed all the steps and nothing solved my problem.
In the design, construction / compilation works ok. When I run the project to the terminal output is:

Download done.
File downloaded successfully
Transitioning to dfuMANIFEST state
Invalid DFU suffix signature
A valid DFU suffix will be required in a future dfu-util release!!!

RUN SUCCESSFUL (total time: 12s)

So ladies and gentlemen, what can is going on? how to solve this problem?

Below is an example of code I’m sending

/* Includes ------------------------------------------------------------------*/  
#include "application.h"

SYSTEM_MODE(AUTOMATIC);

int led = D7;

/* This function is called once at start up ----------------------------------*/
void setup(){

pinMode(led, OUTPUT);    

}

/* This function loops forever --------------------------------------------*/
void loop(){

digitalWrite(led, HIGH);
    delay(1000);
    digitalWrite(led, LOW);
    delay(1000);

}

How did you flash to the device and what command did you use?

Yellow LED. Press the left for three seconds, click the right and wait yellow flashing.

I think @kennethlimcp was asking, did you use the Particle CLI, or dfu-util?

@mumblepins understand now. I’m using the dfu-util, as described in the tutorial.

Which tutorial are you referring to and can you paste the full command you used here?

I put the device in DFU mode and then run the command “dfu-util -l”. Soon after I run the command “dfu-util -d 1d50:607f -a 0 -s 0x08005000:leave -D core-firmware.bin”. Would it be this?
In eclipse configured on the “run” to run the same command within the “Run Command” thereby, “${OUTPUT_PATH}” dfu-util -d 1d50:607f -a 0 -s 0x08005000:leave -D core-firmware.bin.
My mini-project can be seen in the image:

The command is dfu-util -d 1d50:607f -a 0 -s 0x08005000:leave -D xxxxxx.bin

Both that you pasted looks wrong and the error message you posted earlier suggested that. You might want to update the command used.

The command I’m using is the same as quoted. Only wrong to paste here. On your device, to upload the code, the LED switches to blue.

Not sure what you are saying here. The device is placed in DFU mode and when you run the command, the bin is flashed to the Core.

Can you do the following:

• cd to the directory with the .bin file and run
  • dfu-util -d 1d50:607f -a 0 -s 0x08005000:leave -D xxxxxx.bin and paste the command output here

The result of the command:

Ok the code is flashed successfully. What’s the behavior of the core?

Your setup might be using outdated code but let’s leave that to be the next thing to be checked.

When you run the command, the device stops blinking and then flashes the LED in blue color. On the computer I hear as if the device was being connected or disconnected (the sound of windows when connected or disconnected something).

I believe that in fact it is not getting the code, just getting the core-firmware again and again.

Did you send in wifi credentials? It sounds like everything was programmed well but there is no wifi credentials that’s why the device is in listening mode (blinking mode)

No. I did not do nothing but set up the development environment and try to send something to the device. In the project I’m trying to program the device to connect to a wireless network with SSID and pre-defined passwords. And then send over the network via socket data collected by sensors.

How familiar are you with the Spark core?

You need to send in the Wifi credentials or your core will simply be in listening mode forever since you are using AUTOMATIC mode.

If you have particle-cli, use the command particle serial wifi.

Or you can use a serial terminal and hit “W” on your keyboard and follow the steps.

It’s my first experience with the spark core.

Since the Core is primarily built around being a Cloud connected device, it might be worthwhile to connect it to Wifi to start and try the online IDE to start with, before digging into local compiling?