New Particle SIM Cards - Beta Testing Needed!

They’ll be like our normal SIM cards and have 1MB of data per month during the duration of the beta.

After which, they’ll be switched off when the beta closes. From then, the SIM will be yours, which means you can activate it on your own account like our existing SIM cards, display it in a nice decorative frame, use it as a surf board for ants, or even stage a battle royal with all of your other SIM cards to see who will reign supreme. Up to you!
¯\ _ (ツ) _ /¯

Will there be any changes to the utilized Canadian carriers? The current network is Rogers which is generally quite good, however the Telus/Bell network provides better service in northern areas of western Canada.

Are these the spiffy new high temperature ranged cards?

Kevin,

I have the 3G-U260. If you want to send me a loaner for the trip, I would be happy to return it when I get home.

Thanks,

Chip

That’s a great question! I’m not 100% sure of which carriers will be in Canada. I know in the US, it’s mostly T-Mobile with fall-back to AT&T. @will, do we have an international carrier list that we could provide for this?

I’ll see what I can do!

I am based in Italy, willing to test one! I am currently using two electrons, and the coverage is fairly poor with the existing carrier…ideal carrier to switch is TIM…any plan?

I signed up!

I have the 3G-U260. I hope this beta goes well!

I have a dozen Electron 3G AUS/US devices, which I am running some field testing with. Let me know if you need a beta tester for Australia.

I have U270 and I am in Indonesia. Thanks

Definitely! Please sign up if you haven’t already

awesome! Hope you signed up!

The updated carrier list will include Rogers as well as several other carriers in Canada.

Alright. Thanks for the info.

Hi,

I’m in Spain working with 10 Electron units and increasing

Best

Most definitely interested …I’m am in Canada but we are going to deploy about 1000 electrons …within the next year …Might need a few of these

I am interested, if the pricing of the new SIMs will be more competitive.
Currently I am using a European VMNO, the SIMs have global roaming and the pricing in Europe is $0.15 per MB. Prepaid, no monthly fee.
Compared to this, the Particle SIM with $0.99 per MB and $3.00 monthly fee is way to expensive…

I am based in USA, Michigan. I do have 3 electron development boards. I am working on asset tracker - iOS app development.

@kmmonk I received a SIM in the mail yesterday. Do I need to activate it via the Setup.Particle.io or is it already activated? No Instructions were included.

I was working on sending that email out right now! Stay tuned.