My Bllinking Core

No matter what I have read andTRY, my core does not connects to anywhere…still blinking cyan …goin to red, or some other times just blinking green…So I have a bllinking core. That is something but not what I was expecting.

1 Like

Could you please explain the things you’ve tried so far? That should give us an idea of the possibilities.
Also, what kind of setup are you using; router (a,b,n etc?), encryption type (WEP, something else?), mobile phone, Spark CLI?
What kind of Core do you have (white/black)?
Did you apply the CC3000 patch?
Did you apply the deep firmware upgrade?

Anything else you did which I failed to mention perhaps?

Could you please explain the things you've tried so far? All possilbe....... setting, reseting bla bla
That should give us an idea of the possibilities.
Also, what kind of setup are you using; router (a,b,n etc?), encryption type (WEP, something else?), mobile phone, All possilbe....... setting, reseting bla bla
Spark CLI?
What kind of Core do you have (white/black)? black
Did you apply the CC3000 patch? Of course
Did you apply the deep firmware upgrade? Of course

CC3000 does not seems to be understanding what I am saying to her.....

Anything else you did which I failed to mention perhaps? Up to now after patching, core has been connected for two times.....and one time after deep firmware upgrade......and that is all she has done for me.
I have done everithing possible try for her because she is pretty.

That is, well, not really helpful to be honest...
I'd appreciate it if you could be a bit more discreet and give some more details. Saying:"I plugged it in and tried everything" still doesn't let me know what you've actually tried. Perhaps there are some things you haven't thought of doing, but we can't know, because we have to assume you've "tried all possible" and "bla bla", whatever that may be.

Could you answer these questions as precisely as possible please?
-What kind of connection do you have with your router (b, a, n, g, ac, u, something else)?
-What kind of encryption are your using, or have you tried (please list all of them; WPA, WEP, TKIP, etc)?
-How do you connect your core to the network; A mobile device or the CLI?
-If you do use a mobile device, what kind of operating system do you use (apple/adroid/etc)?
-If using a mobile device, what app are you using (Spark app, Smart Config from TI)?

-Have you got other Cores which do connect properly (to rule out network issues)?
-What kind of power supply do you use, and how much current can it supply?
-What type of Core are you using (u.FL/onboard antenna)?
-Have you gone through the troubleshooting guide?

4 Likes

-What kind of connection do you have with your router (b, a, n, g, ac, u, something else)? …g
-What kind of encryption are your using, or have you tried (please list all of them; WPA, WEP, TKIP, etc)? …WPA-Personnal
-How do you connect your core to the network; A mobile device or the CLI? …CLI
-If you do use a mobile device, what kind of operating system do you use (apple/adroid/etc)? …No
-If using a mobile device, what app are you using (Spark app, Smart Config from TI)?..
-Have you got other Cores which do connect properly (to rule out network issues)? …No
-What kind of power supply do you use, and how much current can it supply? …USB…450 mA
-What type of Core are you using (u.FL/onboard antenna)?..onboard antenna
-Have you gone through the troubleshooting guide?.. Many Times
Compiling and using locally, trying to connect local server …

Part of Debuging output while connection …

0000018452:<ERROR> hci_event_handler (258):Timeout now 18452 start 10452 elapsed 8000 cc3000__event_timeout_ms 8000
0000018464:<ERROR> hci_event_handler (259):Timeout waiting on tSLInformation.usRxEventOpcode 0x1007
0000018475:<ERROR> void SPARK_WLAN_Loop() (539):Resetting CC3000 .......due to 2 failed connect attempts
0000028834:<ERROR> hci_event_handler (258):Timeout now 28834 start 20834 elapsed 8000 cc3000__event_timeout_ms 8000
0000028846:<ERROR> hci_event_handler (259):Timeout waiting on tSLInformation.usRxEventOpcode 0x1007
0000036857:<ERROR> hci_event_handler (258):Timeout now 36857 start 28857 elapsed 8000 cc3000__event_timeout_ms 8000
0000036869:<ERROR> hci_event_handler (259):Timeout waiting on tSLInformation.usRxEventOpcode 0x1007
0000036880:<ERROR> void SPARK_WLAN_Loop() (539):Resetting CC3000 .......due to 2 failed connect attempts

@yianmar,

please factory reset your core and setup an OPEN WiFi hotspot using your mobile phone.

Use Spark-CLI to send in credentials and see if it connects. If this works, there’s some configuration issue regarding your network.

Let me know :wink:

Thanks, this is much more helpful, now we know what parameters we’re dealing with. Strangely , those parameters look fine.
I was going to call @kennethlimcp for backup, but he beat me to it (you really never sleep, do you ;)?)

The only thing I can think of is trying to switch your power supply. The one you’re using should be fine, but it never hurts to try.
Also, it sounds like you’re suffering from the CFOD. This matches with the flashing cyan, and the resetting of the CC3000, which is not working, as is explained in the docs. I’ve heard some people mention that they had to apply the deep update and CC3000 patch a couple of times before it finally took. I’m not sure how often you tried, but it wouldn’t hurt if you’d try again I guess(?) It might just be the fix.

Thanks you for your help…I have tried a lot with malmost any possible solution…rigth now I am trying to anderstand the problem of CFOD, changing parameters…Thanks a lot…but I will annoy you…

Still the same behavior…pity.and she is so pretty

There’s nothing CFOD here at all. You have already patched it.

If the core cannot even connect using an OPEN network, there’s some issue.

After sending in the Wifi credentials, does the core blinking green or cyan?

1 Like

Blinkig cyan , and debuging output is the same

Can you do spark keys doctor core_id or spark keys server cloud_public.der?

The public key file for the Spark :cloud: is here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/spark-website/cloud_public.der

I’m guessing you switched keys to a Local :cloud: before?

Server is getting contact from core, but handshake fails with decryption error...so something I am doing wrong..!!

just…spark keys doctor core_id …? …it gives decryption error!!!

What I want at last to do is to collect some data, overcoming all handshake and encryption proccedures.
I have tried to build my own connection procedure but I have not yet completed.
If you can help on this it would be thw best. Just a simple CC3000 connection to a common web server

How do you tell that it’s a decryption error?

rigth now I am experiencing a socket error…
Local server reports

1: Core disconnected: socket error Error: read ECONNRESET { CcoreID: ‘xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx’,
cashe_key ‘_78’,
duration: 25.023 }
Session ended for _78

It’s hard to troubleshoot with you changing more than 1 variable at one go.

My advice would be to change to the Spark :cloud: public key, ensure you can connect successfully.

You are mixing too many scenarios from public keys error, local :cloud: config settings issue together and debugging is hard if you want to continue further.

Good luck!..

I do noy see what changed…Good luck to you too