Mesh: issue with certain? Xfinity routers

This problem also impacts ASUS RT-AC88U routers. The XENON will briefly flash cyan after the setup in sync with the Argon (gateway), and then suddenly change to flashing green fast. The workaround is to disable IPV6 in the ASUS router and then setup the XENON devices again.

This is fixed in 0.8.0-rc.26 which should be released in the next day or two.

2 Likes

I hit this issue too. When will 0.8.0-rc.26 be released? I am looking forward to it very much.

1 Like

We are still testing rc.26 – a regression was found which has to be addressed. Keep an eye on the issues/fixes thread for updates.

Hey folks – wanted to follow up here to let everyone know that v080-rc.26 has been released and should address Argon and Xenon connectivity issues with certain IPv6 enabled networks.

Instructions for upgrading are available here – would love to hear your feedback on the update and whether or not it resolves your connectivity issues:

I applied rc.26 to my devices, and now it stars connecting through my Xfinity router after some struggle with reconfiguring the network. Thanks!

2 Likes

I am so glad to hear that! Apologies that this fix wasn’t already discovered before you received the hardware! Please let us know if there’s any other issues you experience that we can help with. Our team is standing by and eager to help.

2 Likes

Yay! I was able to get all three (3) of my Xenon’s connected with 0.8.0-rc.26. One Xenon was a little stubborn but I did a firmware reset and then it worked first time.

Router = Xfinity Cisco DPC3939, phone Samsung-SM-G930A.

Suggestion: someone at Particle might want to compare the iOS setup instructions to the Android. The iOS version is much clearer.

OMG. You Particle team rock! 0.8.0-rc.26 fixed my router’s woes (Xfinity Comcast X1). Argon updated. Xenon updated. I’m looking forward to my single, and first LTE Boron connection. So freaking excited. Seriously. The list of the things you fixed, of which I understand ~5%, is amazing! I LOVE THIS PLATFORM! Arduino on steroids. Time to flex the mesh muscle! I praise and proselytize (scrabble word!) you (Particle Photons and now the Mesh babies) so much to people that understand. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! Can you hear me?
Best regards,
old fart,
smell you later,
Odor Decoder

3 Likes