Maximising cellular data streaming rates on Boron

Hello RWB, I work for quebec government so this is public stuff. I am not a professionnal C dev so my code is kind of a patchwork with multiple good libraries I found on the web, thats why I’m a bit shy sharing it :flushed: . Basic working principle is the following: boron wakes-up from sleep timer, connects to cloud, updates parameters from JSN file on FTP server, take picture, injects EXIF data including Vbat; capture time and date; RSSI, etc…,Upload picture to FTP, upload log to FTP, goes to sleep. Hardware is: Boron (obviously), uSD slot, RTC, OV2640 camera, MPPT solar charger and a pair of 18650 cells. Any details in particular you want to know? BTW, I tried multiple stuff you mentionned in other post concerning solar charging and power management, thats helped me a lot, thanks.

1 Like

Now before you judge me for the use of good ol’ FTP I must say that this is sadly a design requirement.

Hello, just wanted to update this post and my observations. Since OS2.0.0 I noticed a great improvement on maximum transfer speed. I can now observe data rates up to 12 kbytes/s which suits my application just fine. Thanks to the particle team and collaborators!

1 Like

Is tat with Particle publish? or some https connection?
Because if I’m not wrong the max data rate for 1s with particle publish is 4 messages of 1024bytes each so 4kB/s, and on avg 1 message per second so 1kB/s

This is as an FTP (TCP) client transfering images (binary mode) of anything from 50kB to 300kB.