We are proud to introduce a new IDE and management application tailored to Particle developers on the macOS platform.
SpeckCode is the IDE for IoT. SpeckCode provides an integrated development environment (IDE) for crafting great applications for the Particle platform. Develop your Photon, Electron, or Pi based applications in a modern development environment utilizing all the advantages of a macOS based application. No more cross platform sacrifices needed.
SpeckCode principally provides two capabilities: Project Management (Code Editor) and Device Management.
• Support for multiple Particle accounts, simultaneously. Add all your accounts and work seamlessly across each account.
Code Editor Features:
• Integrated Build and Run actions to compile and run for target devices.
• Syntax coloring for all source views
• Customizable color schemes with multiple pre-defined schemes
• Configurable code editing features including auto-completion, identation management, and more advanced code editing capabilities
• Tight integration with Particle libraries. Import libraries into an active project with two clicks
• Project auto-saving and history: Automatically manage project revisions and easily revert to previous versions with ease.
• Bidiretional serial port monitoring with auto-connect
Device Management Features:
• Manage all your devices across multiple Particle accounts
• View variables for each device
• Monitor and log events published by devices. Maintain a persistent history of events across application launches.
• Call functions exposed by individual devices and view the results
• View configured webhooks
• Manage authentication tokens
SpeckCode is a subscription based service ($0.99/month) and requires an active subscription to enable most functionality. Subscriptions last 1 month and will renew automatically until cancelled. Subscriptions begin with a 2 week free trial and may be cancelled anytime through Apple iTunes or through the manage subscriptions functionality within the application.