I wanted to show you guys what I am using to control my Spark Core from my android phone, temporarily until I get around to build my own.
The free app is called “REST Client for Android”, and you can find it here:
(I am not the author so a million thanks to him!)
In order to send an HTTP POST request, you open the app and then configure:
- HTTP Method: POST -
- URL: https://api.spark.io/v1/devices/01234567890123456789/functionX
- add an HTTP Header by tapping on the plus blue button and select Authorization, then enter:
What you need to know:
- in the URL 01234567890123456789 is your DEVICE_ID (See http://docs.spark.io/api/)
- in the URL functionX should be changed to the name of your exposed function
- in the Authorization Header 99988887777666655554444333322221111 is your access token (See http://docs.spark.io/api/)
Once configured, you can hit the Send button to send your request. If you got everything right, the answer will not contain any errors!
Here is a sample screenshot of it:
For future uses, save your request by hitting the save button
With few changes, you can also get the values of your exposed variables on your Spark Core.