E series Evaluation Board Barrel Jack

Good day:
Could someone kindly tell me what size connector fits the barrel jack? I don’t see the size mentioned anywhere.
Thanks so much.

It should be:

Barrel Plug, 2.1mm I.D. x 5.5mm O.D. x 11.0mm Positive Center

Thank you for the response. My confusion is that I measured a plug that did fit (so I could order a few more), and I measured the outside of the plug at 4.8mm diameter, and the center hole at 2.1mm. But, I could not find such a beast with those measurements. So I assume I’m not understanding how they are specified.

There’s a springy contact that connects to the outside of the barrel, so while the size may actually be 4.8mm, it’s probably considered to be the nominal size of 5.5mm because the spring makes up the difference.

I’m traveling and don’t have the E Series eval board in front of me, but from looking at the BOM, it should have the same jack as the other eval board and the old shields.

I don’t think I’ve ever used this adapter with the E Series eval board, but I have used it with my own projects, and I intended to use the same size jack as the Particle boards. You don’t have to use this one specifically, but looking at its datasheet may be helpful.

Phihong USA PSM03A-050-R $4.68
AC/DC WALL MOUNT ADAPTER 5V 3W
5V 3W AC/DC External Wall Mount (Class II) Adapter Fixed Blade Input
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/phihong-usa/PSM03A-050-R/993-1236-ND/4031882

1 Like

Thanks for the assistance, happy travels.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.