Daylight savings problem

Hi all,

I am newbie from Belgium to this forum and wanted to share this piece of code I used for a few years to solve this issue on a particle core.
I didn’t find how to post code in a nice gray background so forgive me posting it as plain text.

The original formula is from the following site :

http://delphiforfun.org/programs/math_topics/dstcalc.htm
in my application it changes the setting on midnight, so not on 2 or 3 .

//zomert is a bool, false when wintertime is active and true when summertime is active 

switch (zomert)   // check summer / winter time
 { 
  case false: // if current setting is winter
    if ( ((Time.day() >= (31-(((5*Time.year()/4)+4)%7))) and (Time.month() == 3 )) or ((Time.month() < 10) and (Time.month() > 3)) )
   {
     // summer time
     zomert = true;
     zoneUTC=2;
     Time.zone(+2);
     Particle.syncTime();
     delay(2000);
   }
   break;

case true: // if current setting is summer
    if ( ((Time.day() >= (31-(((5*Time.year()/4)+1)%7))) and (Time.month() == 10 )) or ((Time.month() < 3) or (Time.month() > 10)))
    {
      // winter time
      zomert = false;
      zoneUTC=1;
      Time.zone(+1);
      Particle.syncTime();
      delay(2000);
    }
   break;    
 }

regards,
Ronny

I have reformatted your code block.
To achieve the same thing you can use this icon image or you use the edit option (image ) on your own post and see what I added before and after your code to achive the same thing (with the extra formatting hint cpp).

Ronny

There are fully working and tested functions above in this topic thread which you could also use/study and that use the Time.isDST() and Time.beginDST() rather than move the Timezone!
What help are you after?

Hi Armor,
I will look at the functions above, i don’t have a specific problem, I just wanted to share my code that I’ve been using for a few years to tackle the daylight saving problem
Kind regards

Thanks ScruffR for the explanation and the edit, will do it that way next time😉