Capable to send only 2 messages with 1.29 CC3000 patch [SOLVED]

I have a previous code working in a older version of the CC3000 patch, where basically i’m using the blocking_send() function to send some data every 5 seconds to a local TCP server. But when i update to the new 1.29 CC3000 patch, i’m only capable to sent just 2 messages and then the connection (socket) on server simply fail.

I have already fallback to my old CC3000 patch version and it works perfectly. Also i have change the size of the msg but it is the same behavior. I’m using the last sparkcore firmware.

There is some timeout or some flag to be reset in CC3000 module after use the ``blocking_send()``` function? Or some guide where the problem is? Thanks

Hmm, this sounds very strange, are you still seeing this issue with the latest patch? The title says [Solved] so I’m curious if you found some other issue that was the culprit.

Thanks!
David

Hi, @Dave, yes i seems to be strange, but more strange was that way i solve it, because after doing some debugging to find the issue, i try to send 10 sequential blocks of 256bytes with the same method as before blocking_send() but this time instead send in the “main user loop”, i send in the function SparkProtocol::handshake()and it works perfectly. After that i try to send again in the “user loop” as before, and it is all fine. And i re flash several times the spark with exactly the same code that wasn’t work before, and it works perfectly until now.

Hi @aaraujo,

Ahh, the magic phrase here might be chunks of ‘256’ bytes. We found a regression recently that was fixed where the size of the ‘bytes to read’ variable was limited to 256, instead of being full sized. That commit is here: https://github.com/spark/core-common-lib/pull/31 – and we just deployed the latest firmware again this week.

Thanks!
David