I was so excited to get these fixes pushed to the compile-server2 branch (i.e. what the Web based IDE uses) and try them out. You can only imagine how disappointed I was when I found my core CFoD-ing with great regularity.
But wait! I read the post listed below and discovered that if you flash the same sketch WITHOUT MODIFYING ANYTHING, it just pushes the “old” compiled binary to the Spark - it doesn’t re-compile with the new changes
So I changed my sketch, hit the “Verify” button, and pushed it to the Spark. My sketch has been running for almost 4 hours now and I’ve had two “recoveries” which normally would have CFOD-ed the Spark, but it just re-connects and continues on. This is just awesome!
Thank you so much, @david_s5, for your solution to this. Also many thanks to so many others for helping out. Many hands make light work!