Boron3G mesh gw v1.4.4 to v1.5.0-rc.1 goes to listening mode

Just tried to update Boron 3G (mesh gateway with 3 Xenons) from v1.4.4 to 1.5.0-rc.1 and after the first magenta “sequence” and getting “success” in console, the device went straight to Listening mode. Resetting or removing power does nothing. It is stuck in listening mode. Doing serial inspect gives:

Platform: 13 - Boron
Modules
  Bootloader module #0 - version 501, main location, 49152 bytes max size
    Integrity: PASS
    Address Range: PASS
    Platform: PASS
    Dependencies: PASS
  System module #1 - version 1406, main location, 671744 bytes max size
      Bootloader module #0 - version 501
      Radio stack module #0 - version 202
  User module #1 - version 6, main location, 131072 bytes max size
    UUID: 75C989EF2D2BE66D4A191212504A3043608C14A5210C8FF435B179D9BB2513D8
    Dependencies: FAIL
      System module #1 - version 1500
  Radio stack module #0 - version 202, main location, 192512 bytes max size

Particle serial identify still shows device as v1.4.4

Your device id is xxxxxxxx
Your IMEI is xxxxxxxxx
Your ICCID is xxxxxxxxx
Your system firmware version is 1.4.4

@rickkas7, from the above, I serial flashed the bootloader, softdevice and system-part1 and it still it is stuck in listening mode. I suspect the DeviceOS update wiped any mesh configuration in the device. I will try configuring it using the android mobile app.

@rickkas7, I went to setup the Boron 3G with my android app and after scanning the sticker, it told me the device was already configured so I went to the control panel (still in listening mode). I then selected “Mesh” on the control panel menu and the app connected to the Boron 3G via BLE (still in listening mode). When I exited the control panel, the device got out of listening mode and started connecting to cellular again. I have had this happen on devices before where it seems “stuck” in listening mode and the same steps get the device out if that mode and connecting again. I wonder if this not a “trick” to get the done flag set instead of flashing an app to the device to do that?

@rickkas7 I just OTA a simple app to the Boron 3G v1.5.0-rc.1 and it flashed fine but then immediately went to listening mode. The trick using the android app above worked to get it out of listening mode.

I’ve seen somewhere a dfu-util command to do that - but can’t remember where :blush:

@ScruffR I’m not sure but you mean this one ?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.