Boron w/Featherwing Connectivity

I’m using the Boron with ethernet featherwing, with intention of using the ethernet to monitor devices on LAN, but use the LTE connectivity for connecting to the boron. The ethernet is working, in that I get an IP on LAN, however shortly after The cyan flashes rapidly followed by two orange flashes indicating that I have lost internet connection.

Any ideas on what I need to do to keep LTE internet connectivity while using the the ethernet port?
Thanks,
Mike

@ParticleD - you’re looking into something similar, is that right?

Yes indeedy. This is what I've learned -- the TLDR is that it's not currently possible to do that.

A Boron in an Ethernet FeatherWing will always prefer Ethernet, and switch to cellular if it can't connect to the cloud by Ethernet. However, it will keep switching back to Ethernet, so there won't be a reliable connection if the Ethernet is an isolated network. There's currently no way to force the cloud to always use cellular.

I also have this dilemma, bought some seriesB SOM’s with the evaluation board to start a project that utilize the Ethernet and 4G in a similar fashion as the first post. Now to find out this is not possible.
Any plans to have this capability soon?
Or other advice will be greatly appreciated.

By using SYSTEM_THREAD to manually toggle the ethernet connection, you could achieve periodic publishing of values using the cellular connection.

NOTE: Be careful not to do this too often as your SIM will become temporarily disabled