I’m trying to bootstrap a new HAL, I would like to use STM32F0207 that has ethernet on board.
I started following this guide
This file has been truncated.
This folder contains the sources to bootstrap development of a new HAL implementation.
## Bootstrapping a new HAL:
- test build an empty HAL: `make PLATFORM_ID=60000` this creates empty elf files for the bootloader and main. (They are empty because the linker scripts are empty, so no sections are output.)
- get a new Platform ID from Particle (or assign the next free one yourself temporarily until one is assigned to you). Platform IDs are listed in `build/platform-id.mk`
- duplicate all the parts in platform-id.mk referring to `newhal` and rename to your product
- duplicate this directory (`hal/src/newhal/`), and rename to match `PLATFORM_NAME` as defined for your product (in platform-id.mk)
- duplicate `platform/MCU/newhal-mcu` to a new folder and rename to match the `PLATFORM_MCU` value for your product (in product-id.mk)
- duplicate `build/arm/linker/linker_newhalcpu.ld` and rename, substituting newhalcpu for the value of `STM32_DEVICE` for your product.
- duplicate `build/arm/startup/linker_newhalcpu.S` and rename, substituting newhalcpu for the value of `STM32_DEVICE` for your product.
- create a new symbolic reference for your new platform in `firmware/platform/shared/platforms.h` that uses the same PLATFORM_ID you created earlier (e.g. `#define PLATFORM_ELECTRON_PRODUCTION 10`).
- add your new symbolic reference to `platform_config.h` to keep this from throwing an error, optionally add it in the appropriate places and configure all of the pin/port/interrupt mapping.
- test build - `make v=1 PLATFORM_ID=<your platform id> clean all` should now build the empty bootloader and firmware.
### Development typically starts off without a bootloader, focusing initially on building the firmware by porting the HAL to your target device.
>Your hal implementation directory is `hal/src/<yourproduct>`.
#### These are the outline steps to implement a new HAL:
but it misses a lot of things… I’m not able to compile almost anything… So I tryed to edit a lot of file (in STM32FXXX folder) and I added PLATFORM_ID == MYID even it is not documented.
Does anyone have a guide or something to help me?
As I said before, the documentation lacks…
Thanks a lot, Flavio