Asset Tracker V007 - Hardware related questions

1. Part # U1 (with reference to eagle drawings), MAX-M8 comes in three models (M8C, M8Q and M8W). Which is preferred to be used with Asset Tracker shield ?

2. Need to verify the part # for item “U4” - Device : RF_SWITCHSC-70-6, Package : SC70-6. I have selected this part #. Sound’s about right ?

3. U5, this is SAW filter and i was not able to find the digikey part # for it. This points to the right part # ? Digikey does have murata products but i was not able to locate this particular one.

4. Part # D1, probably for reverse polarity protection. I was not able to get detailed specs for this diode from the drawings. Based upon design, i am going with this part #.

@Omer,

1. The most likely part to be used is the lower cost MAX-M8Q.
  2. The switch is a much higher frequency switch (> 1GHz). Not sure what the final part will be
  3. I am not sure what the final SAW filter part is
  4. The diode is most likely a forward voltage drop schottky diode.

Ping @mohit

Actually the particle library package “RF_SWITCH” is pointing to this datasheet. I am not sure if i am pointing to the right package though :slight_smile:

and pinging @mohit:slight_smile:

Hello Omer,
Here are the details:

Its the MAX M8Q

Its the Peregrine PE4259-63

Its the muRata SAFFB1G56KB0F0A[quote=“Omer, post:1, topic:31097”]
Part # D1, probably for reverse polarity protection. I was not able to get detailed specs for this diode from the drawings. Based upon design, i am going with this part #.
[/quote]

Its the Micro Commercial SK310A-LTP. You won’t need it if you know your power source.

Sorry about the late reply. I’ll update the official BOM on github soon. Please let me know if you have further questions!

2 Likes

Thanks @mohit for responding … All good for now …