I noticed that USI had released a new module that covers both 2.4 and 5Ghz wifi:
The specs look great:
- ARM Cortex-R4 32-bit RISC processor.
- 2 MB of on-chip SRAM for code and data.
- 640 KB of ROM containing WICED SDK components such as RTOS and TCP/IP stack.
- Full IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n legacy compatibility with enhanced performance.
- Software architecture supported by standard WICED SDK allows easy migration from existing discrete MCU designs and to future devices.
- Lead Free design, Green design requirement, RoHS Compliance, and halogen-free.
It also looks to be smaller than the P0 module at 10x10mm. The chip has 136 pins broken out compared to the P0’s 58 pins. I would really love to see this in a new product!