Android app crashes upon login

I used the Android app to successful create an account and register the Photon. Now I can program the Photon via the web IDE. However, the Android app now crashes immediately upon opening.

I installed the Particle Photon app on another Android device. Once the login credentials were entered correctly, it crashed immediately. It continues to do so whenever the app is started.

Ideas? Known issue?

1 Like

Hi @DrPhoton,

Thanks for posting! Can you tell us what version of Android you’re using, and which device? I’m happy to forward this to our mobile dev team. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
David

Nexus 9 with Android 5.1.1. The app is Particle 1.0.0.

I tried clearing the cache, the app data, then uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling. No effect. After reinstalling, I pick ‘log into existing account’, enter my credentials, then it crashes immediately. Now it crashes upon startup. No app screens appear.

Same as @DrPhoton. I couldn’t open the app before I cleared the cache and app data.
Now I was able to login, but the app crashes right away. When I open it, I can see briefly the background picture, then crash.
Using Lenovo S6000H under Andriod 4.2.2.
It’s working on my Nexus4 under 5.1.1.

I also had the same experience.

Nexus 7 running Android 5.1.1

Tried all the same things as the OP

Did anyone find a fix for this? I have the same thing happening with a few apps.
I am on a Samsung Galaxy S5.
Endomondo are telling me that it is a Samsung issue causing the problem. WHich probably means I won’t get it fixed anytime soon.

If anyone here fixed it I would love to know what it was and how you fixed it.

Giles

To answer my own question below, restarting the phone did not fix the crash.
However, when I logged out of the account and back in it is now magically working crash free.
I will note that even after I installed the Particle manually it still did not show up in the list of devices. Only after in the app logging out and back in did it display.

Hi
I’m using a Samsung S6 and it crashes immediately after I press “connect”.
Did anyone find a solution, work around or have confirmed this is a known issue?
Thanks