Alexa Smart Home Skill for Particle Devices

What you want is an alexa skill, not a home automation skill, which is easy enough to write.

1 Like

Thanks @AlbertZeroK for responding. I have done more reading since and tried to learn from other projects, even on different platforms. I got to the point where I needed to enter a credit card number for a AWS account, even for the free tier. If I remember correctly, I was creating a lambda function that would run on Amzon’s server.
I am uncomfortable with Amazon keeping my number, so I gave up. I get by with the EchoPhotonBridge.

Do you have examples I could follow to request a variable and invoke a published function, without having to provide a credit card? I understand the slot and the utterance files. I don’t understand how to adapt the rest of the code.

I wish this could be accomplished with a webhook. I have done this to send email and pop-up notifications from a Photon to an Android device, but interacting with Alexa still eludes me. Is this something that Particle would have to integrate into their servers?