Adafruit VS1053 (mp3) library for music maker shield ported?

Did you find anything out?

Thanks @McTristan, hope you get yours soon! Iā€™m a bit stumped until then!!

Well not so soon as they cancelled all my orders ā€¦ I would like to punch my head in the wall right now and scream at someone from particle in the next but as the friendly customer support declared: just reorder them. Only because I changed my paypal email address - no communication about this issue from the particle side.

So in short words: it will take a while and I would be happy if somebody else could take a look into this issue :frowning:

2 Likes

Sometimes a company can surprise me - this time it was Particle - 3 photons just arrived and I already started to look into the issues. Iā€™m still having issues with the SparkIntervalTimer library (even the latest development branch) from @peekay123 and getting the following errors now:

error: ā€˜SysInterrupt_TIM3_Updateā€™ was not declared in this scope
if (!attachSystemInterrupt(SysInterrupt_TIM3_Update, Wiring_TIM3_Interrupt_Handler_override)) ; //error

for all seven timers + the adafruit library needs to be updated some more ā€¦

@McTristan, the SparkIntervalTimer library for Photon has changed substantially due to the HAL. I will be releasing the new library as soon as the new firmware is released to the IDE/CLI/DEV. Iā€™ll PM you a link with a (working) temporary version.

1 Like

Great, thank you!

1 Like

Still canā€™t get it to work - lotā€™s and lotā€™s of timer errors and so on ā€¦ too tired for today, will take a look at it tomorrow ā€¦

@McTristan, did I mention that the library will only work if you compile locally using the ā€œlatestā€ branch.

Which is unfortunate but seems to make sense as the cloud build is complaining about missing defines and the local build not (there are some other problems though but most of them seem to be fixable) ā€¦ hmm ā€¦

So right now we seem to be out of options - at least if someone wants to use the cloud build option (which I do regularely - because it is so easy to change parameters from anywhere in the world and then just flash it back ) ā€¦

@McTristan, new firmware is scheduled to be released next week so you wonā€™t have to wait too long! :wink:

Yeah :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@McTristan. What name did you publish your lib as? Canā€™t seem to find it on WebIDE

Itā€™s not yet public as it is not working at the momentā€¦

Any updates? If there is a temporary working edition, can you send it to me?

1 Like

Is anybody still working on the library? @McTristan @peekay123 ? Would love to use this module in a project!

I would love to but even with the latest firmware I canā€™t get it working - itā€™s not compiling. Iā€™ve just scratched the surface of timer programming and saw in another topic that they peekay and others are trying to create a new photon compatible timer library but I havenā€™t had the time to look at the progress so far

Thanks for letting me know @McTristan

@stoobee, Iā€™ll try and have a Photon compatible library going this weekend. I now have an Adafruit VS1053 module in hand and I really want to look at interrupt timing based on previous comments. Keep hounding me so I donā€™t forget to get this done! :smiley:

1 Like

@peekay123 Fanatastic news, thanks! Iā€™m happy to keep hounding you too!! :smile:

1 Like

@peekay123 I would have send you one earlierā€¦ I just didnā€™t know you had none ;( I have a couple to spareā€¦

1 Like