2 Workbench questions

I have two questions about using Workbench:

1. I often get a message about needing to clean my install. What does this mean, and what does cleaning it do?

2. When I compile, I get the message below (it doesn't seem to stop anything from working). Is this something to worry about, or can I safely ignore it?

Executing task: make -f 'C:\Users\david.particle\toolchains\buildscripts\1.9.2\Makefile' compile-user -s <

particle: Adding dependencies...
! Error rebuilding packages.
! module.js:550
! throw err;
! ^
!
! Error: Cannot find module 'C:\Users\david\AppData\Local\particle\node-v8.15.0-windows-x64\lib\node_modules\npm\bin\npm-cli.js'
! at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:548:15)
! at Function.Module._load (module.js:475:25)
! at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:694:10)
! at startup (bootstrap_node.js:204:16)
! at bootstrap_node.js:625:3
!
! Try running again with GODE_DEBUG=info to see more output.
done

Thanks for your help!

1. I often get a message about needing to clean my install. What does this mean, and what does cleaning it do?

it's alerting you to the fact that your project's local build environment is dirty due to the local compiler having been run previously and may require cleaning - see: https://docs.particle.io/tutorials/developer-tools/workbench/#local-build-and-flash

1. When I compile, I get the message below (it doesn’t seem to stop anything from working). Is this something to worry about, or can I safely ignore it?

sounds like you'll need to do this:

1 Like

Thanks m_m. Sorted :grinning:

1 Like