Particle Photon Screw Terminal Breakout board. Who wants one?!

Hey @ScruffR,

Just did a test using WiFi.RSSI();

I tested with internal and external antenna on both a Particle Photon module and the P1 Screw Terminal breakout board. There was no noticable difference in WiFi signal strength using internal or external antennas on the boards so I would say it is good.

2 Likes

Is there a price point set for it yet?

1 Like

Nothing solid just yet. I will try to have that in the next day or two. We have to put together the BOM for the board and price it out. Will post as soon as I know.

2 Likes

@IOTrav any updates on this?

Hi @Mjones

Sorry. I have been on a much needed vacation this week, but the pcb was sent out for manufacturing around 8 days ago so it may have arrived by now. I will let you know when I get in on Monday.

2 Likes

No problem, just checking in. Looking forward to picking these up. And hope you had a good vacation.

@IOTrav hope you had a great Labor day weekend, any updates on the board?

Hi @Mjones

We have a few prototype units here in house which are essentially the finished design. They are still evaluating whether or not there is demand enough to make a production run on the unit(100+ boards). If you would like however I can probably get you one of these prototype units. This is a prototype unit but the only difference between it and the final production unit would be the color of the PCB. Final unit will be CE blue and this prototype is Purple.

If you just need one I can set it up on the site so you can order. Just let me know.

I’d be interested. Any idea of shipped cost?

Hi @harrisonhjones,

I am thinking $29.99 for the board cost. Not sure what CE has going on shipping right now, they are working to get shipping cost as low as possible but it is pretty cheap I believe.

@Mjones,

I do have the product up on the site if you would like to order. Right now I only have one available so you and @harrisonhjones will have to fight over it. I have it up on the site available for purchase at $29.99. If that works please let me know and I will post a link where 1 can be ordered. After it has been ordered I will have to take it down since I only have one.

Do either of you think you would need more than 1? If so any idea how many? If I can get enough interest I can get them produced.

1 Like

Board can be ordered here:
https://www.controlanything.com/content/P1-Screw-Terminal-Breakout

@Mjones and @harrisonhjones I will let you to decide who gets it. I have it posted for sale on our controlanything site since it is easier to post 1 off products there rather than controleverything.

2 Likes

@IOTrav that link says none available and won’t take an order.

Also I was unclear if this had a P1 module or if it needed one added. Thanks.

Hi @carbuthn

Unfortunately I only had 1 on hand and @Mjones ordered it. He was the first to ask for one so I thought he deserved first available. When we have more I will post another link where they can be ordered.

The board @Mjones ordered included the P1 on the board.

@IOTrav how many would you need to have sold to make it worth you guys making a run? Just curious right now, like other said, I’d be in for ten on the first run of them.

@Mjones This is what Travis posted about 8 messages back, I would think that can get that, particularly if it includes (and they are available) the P1 module.

1 Like

Saw this, but a lot of companies will make a product if they have commitments for, say, 50% of their product. 50 would be easier to make happen than 100, although either would probably be pretty easy given the functionality of the board.

Please let us know what you think of the board when you get it.

I have been very happy with their other boards.

1 Like

Really looking forward to it, I’ve seen a lot of people are happy with their products. I’ll be sure to update you guys.

If I could get demand enough for 50 we will make the P1 screw terminal breakout board with on board 12VDC regulator built in. However since the Photon screw terminal board has been so popular I already have the go ahead for a Photon screw terminal breakout board with 12VDC regulator built in so that is being engineered now so we will have them very soon. I assume if we had those you would not be all that worried about the P1 breakout board correct?

A Photon-based terminal breakout with on-board voltage regulator would the great.