Particle Matter: Updates from Sprint 40

@dave, after some bug frustrations, I decided to play around with the most recent DEVELOP branch. (Good luck trying to get me to do anything with GitHub–I can’t even get the Git GUI to download the DEVELOP branch–all it does is download one third of the released build. I’m about to save myself the 100MB of wasted disk space.)

Finally downloaded SwiftCompare from Oorja Software, and manually started merging the most recent DEVELOP with my month-old LATEST:

BOOTLOADER was no problem to merge
BUILD - merging this one wrecked the program! Now I get the following errors:

```d:/particlebuild/arm embedded 4.9 2015q2/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.3/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: …/build/target/main/platform-0/main.elf section .text' will not fit in regionAPP_FLASH’
d:/particlebuild/arm embedded 4.9 2015q2/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.3/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: region APP_FLASH' overflowed by 4176 bytes ../build/target/user/platform-0/applications/mproj/\libuser.a(application.o): In functionPOff()’:
d:\ParticleSrc\firmware-latest\user/applications/mproj/application.cpp:537: undefined reference to `SystemClass::sleep(unsigned short, unsigned short, long)’

It's nothing with the firmware fixes, etc.—it's the changes to the build configuration that make it too big!  "De-merging" back to the month-old "LATEST" build folder results in a successful compile.

Keep merging in other folders from today's "DEVELOP"...

WIRING - I had to keep some of my space-saving changes.
USER - had to keep my project folder
SYSTEM-DYNALIB - no changes
SERVICES-DYNALIB - no changes
SERVICES - no appreciable changes
SYSTEM - no serious changes.

<strong>At this point, my project compiles.</strong>  It is 103,488 bytes in size, as compared to month-old "LATEST" building the exact same project at 101,252 bytes.  No big deal.

Keep working...

PLATFORM - I'll gladly take those CC3000 fixes.  (Whoops: results in a build error.  Maybe it needs some other definitions...)
MODULES - that's for the Photon.  Hey, maybe it'll rub off on the Core :wink:
MISC - no changes
MAIN - no changes
HAL-DYNALIB - not sure what this does, but no changes.
HAL - better believe there's some changes in here!
DYNALIB - the readme got bigger.  No other changes.
DOCS - those don't compile anyway :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: 
COMMUNICATION-DYNALIB - new, don't think it'll be a problem

Still getting the "hw ticks" errors from above.  Hmm?

COMMUNICATION - expect only good changes here.
CI - nothing new.

Still getting the errors.  Nothing left to do but the BUILD folder.  Let's start with subfolders...
BUILD/ARM - some changes
BUILD/BIN - same'ol
BUILD/TEST - no changes
BUILD/TARGET - that's all output stuff.  Merge...

<b>Woohoo!</b>  Got a bunch of "Spark is now Particle" warnings...and it builds to 103,784 bytes.  ~400 bytes more than the first build, and 2,532 bytes more than the month-old LATEST.  I don't mind this for progress.  So far so good!

The ONLY thing left to merge are the files in the root of "firmware-develop\build."  That's the only thing left to add 10K to the firmware size.
- No changes to any of the files except for "module.mk" and "module-defaults.mk".  Output BIN is the same size.

<b>module.mk</b>:  It's smaller than the old one.  Code should do the same???  ""make": *** No rule to make target `../build/module-defaults.mk'.  Stop."  :cry:

<b>module-defaults.mk</b> Building...

d:/particlebuild/arm embedded 4.9 2015q2/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.3/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: …/build/target/main/platform-0/main.elf section .text' will not fit in regionAPP_FLASH’
d:/particlebuild/arm embedded 4.9 2015q2/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.3/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: region `APP_FLASH’ overflowed by 4312 bytes
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
"make": *** […/build/target/main/platform-0/main.elf] Error 1

That results in a calculated BIN size increase of 11,120 bytes.  All because of the new makefile rules!  Pppplllleeeeeeeeeeaasssssseeeee..........can this be fixed?