Particle Interactions: Interview with Zach Supalla 7/29 at 4pm PST

Get ready, everyone!

[this used to be a gif of Rihanna asking if we were ready but it was too large and distracting]

We will be livestreaming a short hangout with Zach Supalla on 7/29 from 4-5pm PT (San Francisco time). We expect this to be a recurring interview that happens with a team leader in Particle every two weeks. You’ll hear from either Zach Supalla (CEO), Zachary Crockett (CTO/Software), Stephanie Rich (Business), or William Hart (Hardware/Manufacturing) in each release of Particle Interactions.

I’ll post the hangout here when we have it up and running for livestreaming, and the link to the YouTube recording after the hangout is finished. Afterwards, I’ll also transcribe the interview and throw it on this thread. Feel free to comment and note things that you have questions about here, knowing that we are trying to keep the interview at a digestible length and that we will likely not answer every question live in the interview. Any questions we don’t get to will have answers posted in text form.

See you tomorrow at 4pm!

UPDATE: We will be live-streaming here shortly!

The first half of the session with Zach will be some questions we’ve seen on the community that will be helpful to address first. Then we’ll open it up for general questions that you can ask in the chat on the live-streaming page.

See you soon!

UPDATE: Thanks for joining! If you missed it, you can still view the broadcast here.

I’ll be posting the transcript in this thread as soon as I finish it. The interview was a bit longer than I had originally intended, so it might take a little while! Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

UPDATE: The transcript of this Particle Interaction is now available on the blog here.

12 Likes

@christine will Rihanna be there? Or is this a misleading ad? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Rihanna is always there in spirit.

2 Likes

Yay! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

So… don’t start your Windows 10 update at this time!

2 Likes

i nominate larry king to do the interviewin. or barbara walters.

2 Likes

PST or PDT? summer time is in effect in the northern hemisphere at this time…

:slight_smile: OK, I should find my loudest alarm clock. See you guys in “few” hours!

1 Like

Sorry about that! PDT, which I believe is the time in California currently.

Where do I go on my internets to see the interview? :smiley:

I’ll post the link here when we go live! See ya in a little under two hours! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The interview starts at 7pm where I am. That’s an hour before ask an engineer. I get to watch the interview and then ask an engineer. This is going to be a fun night for me! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

This reminds me of that hangout I watched on google+ with Edward Snowden.

We will be live-streaming here shortly!

The first half of the session with Zach will be some questions we’ve seen on the community that will be helpful to address first. Then we’ll open it up for general questions that you can ask in the chat on the live-streaming page.

See you soon!

we are posting in the youtube!!!

@avidan got it! There’s some serious lag.

np. thanks for doing this. great stuff!

3 Likes

Thanks for joining! If you missed it, you can still view the broadcast here.

I’ll be posting the transcript in this thread as soon as I finish it. The interview was a bit longer than I had originally intended, so it might take a little while! Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

It was my plan to transcribe all the questions people had that they had written and we didn’t get to, but as soon as I closed the hangout I found that Hangouts On Air does not allow you to keep the posted comments and they have disappeared into the ether. Therefore, if you had a question that didn’t get answered, please post it here and I’ll make sure we answer it!

i really hope you are using a transcription service :smile: