Thank you. We're a little closer, but I still can't add it to this product. Here's what I tried, in this order:
- verified it was showing up as an electron (on particle app and CLI) - yes
- attempted to add it to product 2 (#3338) - same error as above
- removed it and attempted again - same error as before
- with it still removed, i tried to add it to my other product, #3334 - it worked
- removed it from that product - successfully removed
- attempted to add it to product again - same error
What do you think? I can't see any reason why it wouldn't add, but it rejects so quickly I almost wonder if it's happening client side. However I tried it in another browser, no go.
Also - now I've added it back in, and it's showing up as a Core again. Strange.
On closer inspection, I think that your backend platform really thinks this device is a Core, and that's why it can't be added. I looked at the setup process for a new product, and I see it asks for the device type, and then after it's complete, in the header, the product says "Electron." This theory would explain why I could add it under Product 1, The G-Track, but not under Product 2, "Electron Tracking."
Screenshot of particle identify: